The formula for the Coefficient of static friction is, μs = F/N (now, putting value from the problem into the given equation) = 90/80 = 1.125 So, the Coefficient of static friction is 1.125. Coefficient of Static Friction Solved Problem#2
– Pitot Coefficient, C p 0.84 – Velocity Equation Constant, K p 5130 •Measured – Stack Diameter, D S 26 in – Stack Area, A S 3.69 sf – Stack Pressure, P S 29.78 in Hg – Stack Temperature, T S 152 F, 612 R Further stack calculations use the pitot p, and the
Slag basicity is defined as the (CaO% + MgO%)/SiO 2 % ratio of the liquid. If this ratio exceeds 1, the slag is basic; if it is less than 1, it is acidic. Basic slags can be obtained by charging the cupola with sufficient fluxes (limestone and dolomite) to ensure the required Ca and Mg content.
VISCOSITIES OF SLAGS—AN OVERVIEW 33 of associated species in the liquid state19.This is illustrated in the case of CaO-SiO 2 and MgO-SiO 2 melts in Figure 4. Fujino and Morinaga20 reported viscosity-temperature relations for 0.5MO-0.5P 2O 5 systems where M = Mg, Ca,
Thermo-Calc can be used to predict thermophysical and phase-based properties of slags and slag-metal equilibria for steel and non-ferrous metals processing. The Process Metallurgy Module additionally allows the calculation of heat balance and reaction kinetics. Home » Solutions » Solutions by Material » Slags.
· Based on the results of the theoretic calculation and high-temperature experiment, the actual slag-forming route of dephosphorization by the single-slag process in the combined blown converter was ...
The Coefficient of Determination is used to forecast or predict the possible outcomes. The value of Coefficient of Determination comes between 0 and 1. The higher the value of R 2, the better the prediction! The formula of correlation coefficient is given below:
To calculate the CV, you need to know the mean and the standard deviation for a series of measures. You then use the following equation: If you are using Microsoft Excel to work this out, you can use the following Excel formula. Just chane ''Values'' to your number series of interest: = (STDEV (Values)/AVERAGE (Values))*100.
· Let''s consider a manufacturing-related example to calculate the correlation coefficient (r). Process engineer has applied Forging force in billet at four different stages, as you can see in the above figure. At every stage, there is a reduction of height per stroke of billet.
The conditions were chosen so as to assess the performance of slag blends under typical temperate and warm tropical marine climatic conditions. Slags, having CaO/SiO2 ratios of 1.05 and 0.94, were ...
A Model for Activity Coefficient of P2O5 in BOF Slag and Phosphorus Distribution between Liquid Steel and Slag ... [%P] T (3) A Healy-type equation involving slag composition ⫹2.5 log .....(11) and temperature was developed, which made better predic ...
【】：Based on the coexistence theory of slag melt structure and Butler''s equation,a new calculation model has been proposed for the calculation of surface tension of slag melt.This model establishes a specific correlation between surface tension and ...
· sin θ = 0.5. Hence θ = 30°. The inclination of the plane is 30°. Let us Substitute it in equation (vi), we get the coefficient of friction. 500 sin 30 + 500 µ cos 30 = 300. 500 µ cos 30 = 300 – 250 = 50. µ = 50/500 cos 30. ∴µ = 0.115. The coefficient of friction (µ) between the inclined plane and the block is 0.115.
It is similar to the two security formulae: The standard deviation of the portfolio determines the deviation of the returns and the correlation coefficient of the proportion of securities that are invested. θ 2p = portfolio variances (expected)√θ 2 /P= portfolio standard deviation. X i = proportion of portfolio which is invested in security i.
Calculation of quality of triangles (mesh elements) When triangular mesh is generated, you should define the mesh so that its generated elements are equilateral triangles. Other triangles, especially obtuse triangles, are "worse" mesh elements from a point of view of Finite Elements Method (FEM). Assuming that a quality coefficient of triangular mesh elements is in range of …
· x values is sx = 1.83 and sy = 2.58. The table below summarizes the other calculations needed for r. The sum of the products in the rightmost column is 2.969848. Since there are a total of four points and 4 – 1 = 3, we divide the sum of the products by 3. This gives us a correlation coefficient of r = 2.969848/3 = 0.989949.
· The flow equation is: Where: f——Pulse frequency [Hz] k——The meter coefficient of the sensor [1/m3], which is given by the calibration sheet. Q——The instantaneous flow of fluid (under working condition) [m3/h] 3600-conversion factor in seconds The meter
The diffusion coefficients of slag constituents were calculated using Eyring equation. The Urbain slag viscosity calculation method was modified by improving the constiuents dividing method based on slag depolymerisation degree NBO/T calculation. the amphoteric oxides such as TiO2, Cr2O3, Fe2O3, B2O3 and Al2O3 were specifically dividied into glass former part and …
· The two basic approaches to the concept of basicity are the Lux-Flood, which perceives basicity in terms of the activity of the free oxide ion, aO2-, and the Lewis, which perceives basicity in ...
The temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR) for resistance temperature detectors (denoted by α o ), is normally defined as the average resistance change per °C over the range 0 °C to 100 °C, divided by the resistance of the RTD, R o, at 0 °C. where, R 0 = resistance of rtd at 0 °C (ohm), and. R 100 = resistance of rtd at 100 °C (ohm),
· Problem 6. Calculate the correlation coefficient if the coefficient of determination is 0.68. Solution: We have, r 2 = 0.68 Using the formula we get, Coefficient of correlation = √r 2 = √0.68 = 0.82 Problem 7. Calculate the coefficient of determination if the residual
ISIJ International, Vol. 35 (1 995), No. 7, pp. 845-850 Activity of Silica in the Slag of an Electric Arc Furnace Using Direct Reducedlron for Steelmaking MohammedMERAIKIB Ministry of Energy and Industry, P.O. Box2599, Doha, State of aatar. (Received on December28. l994 accepted in final form on March10. 1995) ...
176 INFACON XI Requirements for CE marking are coming gradually into general use in Finland from 2006. The ferro-chrome slag products correspond with the standard SF S 5904 and they fulfill requirements of the standard EN 13285 . They have their own CAS
References listed in ''Investigation of slag cement quality through the analysis of its efficiency coefficient''. Antiohos S. (2005), "Evaluation of blends of high and low calcium fly ashes for use as supplementary cementing materials" in Cement and Concrete
Coarse aggregates. Take 1kg of the coarse aggregate test sample. Arrange the IS sieve in descending 25mm,20mm 12.5mm, 10mm, 4.75mm. Now fill the sample to the highest sieve and sieve well for up to 10 minutes. After completion of sieving, then weigh the aggregates retained in each sieve & note it down.
ADVERTISEMENTS: Generally there are two methods by which the quantity of storm-water is calculated: 1. The Rational Method 2. Empirical Formulae Method. In both the above methods, the quantity of storm water is a function of the area (in hectares): the intensity of rainfall and the coefficient of runoff. The coefficient of runoff or the […]
The diffusion coefficients of slag constituents were calculated using Eyring equation. The Urbain slag viscosity calculation method was modified by improving the constiuents dividing method based on slag depolymerisation degree NBO/T calculation. the 2, Cr 2 O
S is the sulphide capacity of the slag and f S is the activity coefficient of sulphur in the steel melt. If the sulphur distribution between slag and metal from the slag and steel analyses is used in equation (13), the theoretical equilibrium oxygen activity can thus be
The rheological behavior of Chinese Shenfu coal ash slag was investigated experimentally by using a high-temperature rheometer at temperatures between 1200 C and 1360 C. The ...
July 2011 Advanced Materials Research 284-286:411-415